Table of Contents
Hiring a personal trainer is one of the best things you can do to prioritize your fitness goals and physical health. If, like most people, you find yourself lost at the gym, not seeing results, or simply having no motivation to work-out, you may want to consider hiring a personal trainer. This article will break down the costs of personal training in
Personal Trainer Cost
The first step is understanding your budget for hiring a personal trainer. There is a common misconception that personal trainers are expensive. However, that’s not always the case. Through our fitness matching process at Trainer Pro, we take into account your budget and match you up with the right choice based on your individual needs.
The typical price range for a personal training session is between $64-$75 for an hour. This price range depends on several factors such as location, certification, years of experience, length/number of sessions, and any special services.
Personal Trainer Certifications
In Ontario and in Canada, we look for our personal trainers to come from some of the most highly-acclaimed certifications, including:
- ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine)
- CSEP (Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology)
- NSCA (National Strength and Conditioning Association)
- NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine)
Personal trainers who are certified will typically cost more. However, the cost for a certified trainer is certainly worth it because you want someone who is professionally trained and knows what they are doing, so that they can give you the best results. We ensure that our professional personal trainers hold a relevant degree and/or certification for an accredited organization.
Years of Experience
In addition to their certification, the number of years of experience that a personal trainer has will affect their price. Generally, those with more years of experience and longer client lists are some of the best trainers and are in high demand. As well, you will be able to see their positive results from client testimonials, which will give you the
assurance you need for paying the price. For example, if you are looking for personal training for seniors, you will want to get a personal training who has experience working with seniors.
Length/Number of Sessions
A typical personal training session is usually around 60 minutes, depending on your preference. The number of sessions you require will affect your total cost. Some trainers have packages that will allow you to get several sessions for a reduced rate. While it is cheaper initially to buy a single session, we recommend going with a package deal for multiple sessions in order to achieve your desired outcomes. As well, this way you are more likely to stay consistent with your workouts and see results faster.
Special Services, Much More than Just Training!
Personal trainers do a lot of work outside of your workout sessions as preparation. For more niche personal trainers, such as personal training for seniors, the trainers often conduct additional research, consultations, and training as needed, in order to ensure they are keeping up to date with the latest information. You can expect this kind of specialized training to affect the price of your training session. This specialized expertise will also include things to complement your workout such as detailed food planning, any dietary recommendations, rehab therapy, etc.
As you can see, personal training costs can vary based on many factors. However, it is the best way to get fit and stay fit. To help you save money while still achieving your workout goals with our certified personal trainers, we recommend you also consider the following:
- Free Assessment: Take advantage of our free assessment to help get you started! This one is a no brainer. During the assessment, our personal trainers will discuss your fitness goals, diet, lifestyle habits, medical conditions and any other important information that will affect your workout goals. This is also the best time to make sure the personal trainer is the right match for you.
- Book Multiple Sessions: Once you are happy with the personal trainer you found, book a few sessions all at once! This will help the trainer know you are serious about your goals, and it will keep you accountable. As well, this will help you get the best price.
- Be Active: Try to stay active outside of your personal training sessions. Having a few personal training sessions a week is great, but complementing those sessions with any other physical activity you enjoy will help you achieve your results faster.
- Workout Buddy: Find a friend or gym partner for your personal training session! That way you can split the cost and enjoy your workout more as you’ll be working out with a friend.
- Virtual Training: Virtual training may help reduce your personal training costs if you are living somewhere more remote and there are less trainers available in your area. Having a trainer work with you over Skype or Zoom can give you greater flexibility as you can workout from the comfort of your home at a time that’s convenient for you.
Where Can I work out?
If you are looking for personal training in Toronto or another major city, there is a good chance that there are tons of great, certified trainers nearby which means the prices will be more competitive. In addition, if you have a gym at your home or condo, the trainer will be able to do in-home personal training, and in condo personal training. As well, if the trainer has to drive further out to do in-home personal training, that will affect the price.
Overall, personal training doesn’t have to be expensive and can be catered to fit any budget. Our priority at Trainer Pro is to understand your needs and preferences first so we can ensure you get the one-on-one coaching you are looking for, without breaking the bank!
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? FIRST SESSION IS ON US.
Tell us a bit more about yourself and we’ll reach out as soon as possible. We take a human approach to setting you up with the right trainer – so we’d like to learn more about you and your goals first.
Mike is a Certified Personal Trainer and a lifelong fitness and nutrition fan. Mike has a strong passion for training his body to become the greatest version of himself and truly believes we should all strive to train our bodies to look and feel our best. Based in Toronto, Mike has been studying fitness, nutrition, and training for over 20 years.